Return to IRSC Home Page
People Searchgraphic


Transient Students

Students currently attending another college or university who wish to take one or more courses at Indian River State College and transfer their credit back to their "home" institution may be admitted as "transient" students. Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding which courses to take at Indian River State and determine if the student has satisfied the necessary course prerequisites.

Transient Students currently attending a Florida public institution

See list of Colleges.

Complete and submit an electronic transient form through Florida Shines Campus. The transient form will also serve as the application for admission to IRSC (do not submit an application for admission).  

Transient Students who do not attend a Florida public institution

  1. Submit a transient student form or an official Letter of Good Standing from their home institution. The form or letter must indicate: (1) the student is in good academic standing and (2) the course(s) in which the student is eligible to enroll at Indian River State College.
  2. Complete the online APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.

IRSC students who want to take classes at private or out-of-state institutions must see an IRSC advisor to complete the transient student request form.

home | about irsc | admissions | advising | prospective students | students | virtual campus | foundation | visitors
myirsc | programs/careers | libraries | career services | athletics | bookstore | financial aid | faculty/staff